Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Pro Bowl

Do any of you out there care about the Pro Bowl?  Personally, I never watch it.  I don't know why anyone would.  Sure it's kinda cool to see your favorite players playing other all-stars, but these guys don't care either.  There have no reason to play because every single one of them is still bitter about not making the Super Bowl.  No one wants to get injured and it's not like they have practiced together enough to run an effective offense or defense.
To me the Pro Bowl is a pretty poor excuse of an all-star game.  All other leagues have all-star games that I actually watch and fun skills competitions.  I hardly care about the NBA and I still watch that.  Many would argue that football is the greatest televised sport (I won't go into the argument now) so why does it have such a shitty all-star game?  It could approximately be one hundred times better.  The game literally means nothing.  Baseball has a good system that makes the game actually mean something.  The Pro Bowl, on the other hand, is just a filler three hours on a weekend that is otherwise without football.
What the NFL needs is a sweet combine style competition.  Put the QB's against each other for longest pass and most accurate passer.  Have the WR's run the 40 yard dash to see who's the fastest.  There are literally endless options.  This would be so awesome.  Plus, the NFL would make tons of money so there's no downside.  Until this happens, I will continue doing what I'm doing and skip the Pro Bowl this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment