Thursday, April 21, 2011

Life Lessons From Movies

Today, I present to you three more life lessons from movies:

7. "Just remember, football is 80% mental and 40% physical." 


This gem comes from the perennial favorite Little Giants, courtesy of Steve Emtman.  Obviously, the Giants needed to hear this life lesson so they could learn to beat the Cowboys.  And obviously, since its from a pro football player, it's good advice.  The lesson here is to stop getting all in your head and just focus, hit that last cup.

8. "You are defined by the company you keep and how well you keep it. Not by what you just happen to do."

I've actually impressed myself with this one.  No matter how I spin it, this is a good quote from a very surprising source.  Brink! is probably the only Disney channel original movie that everyone from this generation remembers.  I'm sure if I were to watch it now, I'll want to punch myself in the face.  But back then, it was great.  Not to mention this is a perfect segue, considering Spike from Little Giants was the lame-ass bad guy on Skater X from Brink!  Even the poster has a good quote to consider.  We here at The Alcohall strive to keep excellent company, it says a lot about you.  If you roommate's sister comes into town and is nice but particularly weird, it's alright to be worried about having to hang out with them.

9. Shoot her

It's as simple as that, don't let raptors eat your friends

2 comments: