Monday, December 16, 2013

Favorite New Christmas Classic? Deacon's 6-4 rankings

In our new poll we are voting on our favorite new Christmas classic, so in reverse order I give you my list and my reasons.

6. All I Want for Christmas is You by Mariah Carey

Coming in last place is the only good song Mariah Carey has ever made. Mariah Carey is pretty much the worst now, she is married to Nick Cannon of All That fame and she made a terrible movie called Glitter. This song is probably the favorite of every girl who is currently between 18-28 and has become very overplayed and just obnoxious. This song should be ranked higher because it is an original and not a remake, but I can't bring myself to do it.

5. Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer by DMX

Although coming in at number 5, this video is incredible. Darkman X just spittin Rudolph and throwing in some "COME ON, COME ON"s is just one of the best videos that have ever been made. I will laugh every time when at the beginning he screams " I KNOW THE LYRICS". This is just one of the rare videos that go down in history as possibly the greatest ever. What puts DMX at number 5 is how short the song is, and the lack of dog barks.


4. Merry Christmas (Happy Holidays) by N Sync

With a strong fourth place finish we get immortal boy band N Sync. With talents like Joey Fatone its hard to not rank this song higher, but in reality, its just not that good. It gets some credit for being an original song, but that can only take you so far. Really this song is just hilarious, and if you don't laugh at how hilarious the video is, then I don't know what to say to you.


\

The rest of the rankings will come out tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment