Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Unofficial 2011

                This weekend I took the rare trip away from my own campus, and had the opportunity to visit the University of Illinois. I have only ever partied at two other campuses, before Friday and I was excited to see how this compared to my school as they are very similar. I visited on their largest drinking day which is known as Unofficial St. Patrick’s Day or simply Unofficial. I don’t really know or care of the origins but basically what it is, is everyone wakes up at 6 am and listens to alot of the song from Boondock Saints, and drinks for eighteen straight hours. There are a lot of Irish themed drinks and somewhat clever shirts that people design and etc. So pretty much 50,000 students and guests are just hammered for a whole day and it is accepted and encouraged. The interesting thing is I personally don’t know one person who goes to this school, so I was just along for the ride. Being an obnoxious person in general, I signed a beer pong table at an apartment with my name and my high school lacrosse number, so I hope they appreciate that. It really wasn’t that eventful of a day, like there weren’t any cool events or any places for a lot of people to meet up. It was just an excuse to start drinking at an inappropriate time and drink inappropriate amounts. I am not sure if I will ever go back considering I got lost at 3 am in the rain with my friend from St. Louis ,who also knew nobody there. So that was an interesting experience, but I do recommend visiting your friends and getting really drunk cause that’s fun. And I am sure the three other authors of this blog, who are all together at Mardi Gras in New Orleans, are going to write articles and tell stories that blow this one out of the water. Although that wouldn’t be hard to do, because UnOfficial is not that cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment