Tuesday, December 17, 2013

New Christmas classics 3-1

On Monday I posted my bottom three songs, and here are the top 3.

3. Michael Buble

This is unfair because its not a song and an artist, but Michael Buble RUNS Christmas. Can anyone name an original song by Michael Buble? No. He only makes Christmas music and thats all he is known for. He dominates modern Christmas, and has like three Christmas albums that middle aged women can't get enough of. He also reminds me of the SNL sketches with Robert Goulet, and most of the time when I say his name I say it mimiking Will Ferrell on SNL. Does Buble deserve to win? Absolutely not but you gotta respect the game because he does modern Christmas better than anyone, and if there is one thing we support at the Alcohall it is making your living by exploiting the one thing you are good at (see Jesse Palmer).





2. Santa Clause is Coming to Town by Bruce Springsteen.

I know many of you were expecting this to be the winner, but it loses a lot of points for not being a modern song, which is the point of the poll. It was thrown on here because it is probably the best song, and out of respect for the departed Clarence Clemons. It does not get much better than when the Big Man acts as Santa in this song. RIP. Clarence we miss you already, and this song is really amazing. Also Bruce is phenomenal when he talks at the beginning.

1. Baby its Cold Outside (Elf Version)

And the winner is Zooey Deschannel and her rendition of Baby It's cold outside. Elf is as close as we are going to come to a modern Christmas classic, and it is has got to be considered a top ten Christmas movie of all time. Zooey Deschannel is the best, and I think most of the Alcohall writing staff loves her. And just try and act like you don't like this video.

So there is my take, there is about a zero percent chance that this is how the vote turns out, and I am open to rebuttals from the other authors.


1 comment:

  1. I can respect this order...I don't agree, but I can respect it.

    ReplyDelete