Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Christmas Hoops


I can't color myself as much of a basketball fan, but come playoff time, I watch my share of games and I certainly play rock paper scissors to decide who's going to win. If you have watched any Sportscenter or ESPN in the last week then you have undoubtedly seen commercials announcing the Christmas Day basketball games. And if you've noticed, they are going to be very disappointing.



I'm sure the executives of the NBA were psyched this summer when they made this schedule. The two NYC basketball teams are surefire locks for good games, right?! Right? No way can D-Rose get hurt again, that would be ridiculous. And those Lakers, Kobe will be back in time so surely it will be a good game. He's getting paid 48 million in the next two years so he has to play. It's sad that the Rockets-Spurs game and the Clippers-Warriors game are by far and away the top ones of the day. Come Christmas tomorrow, we are all going to be missing some actual football to save our afternoons.

1 comment:

  1. It doesn't help they are wearing the hideous jerseys with sleeves either

    ReplyDelete