Monday, August 29, 2011

Getting after it: Port Republic

This weekend I had the honor and the privelege of having my first ever Port Republic Premium American Brew. What makes Port Republic so great was that it was only $11.89 at Kroger and I believe it is sold exclusively there. The beer itself tastes like PBR, but really who fucking cares about that. I was able to drink beers that were slightly over 30 cents each and had amazing cover-art. Port Republic urges its drinkers to "Sail Close to the Wind", which literally makes no sense, but I enjoyed reading it on my beers. They are trying to be classy and its working, not like Miller "Jabroni" Highlife, which Donaghy Estates loves along with all other Miller Products. So if you find yourself at Kroger, why not buy the cheapest beer there and enjoy getting drunk on some fake classyness and a shitty product, because really that is what is important and life.

2 comments:

  1. We realized that Donaghy Estates had said the funniest quote when he was visiting- "You have a Chili's on your card? I'd go there all the time. The only thing better than that would be a Friday's on the card."
    We're still friends despite the ensuing hour long argument

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Sail Close to the Wind" could not be a funnier slogan

    ReplyDelete