Thursday, September 8, 2011

RIP Pavol Demitra

Yesterday former NHL star Pavol Demitra was killed in a tragic plane crash in Russia along with the rest of his Russian league team. I have very fond memories of playing with Pavol Dmitra, Keith Tkachuk, Al Macannis and the rest of a great St. Louis Blues team in NHL 98-2002. Those were great games populated by great teams. The powerplay of Demitra and the 100 mph slapshot of Macannis was just overpowering. Today we lost a great hockey player from my childhood, and someone I will remember when Coolpants and I would play hour long games of NHL on road trips with scores upwards of totals of 80 goals.
RIP
NHL 1998 intro: they don't make games like this anymore

1 comment:

  1. I am truly sad about Pavol's passing, and I don't mean his ability to send a saucer pass, which by the way was excellent. That Blues team was truly my favorite hockey team during those years. Pronger can be added to that list of notables

    ReplyDelete