Monday, September 19, 2011

In defense of Metta World Peace



Recently, it became official that Ron Artest changed his name to Metta World Peace, as suggested by the title I fully support his name change. I think its great and its hilarious. The man who once punched out a fan at a Piston's game is now an advocate for world peace, and reminds everyone that we can achieve peace as they see it written across his back. The best part of this is the interview he had on PTI. Metta could not even give us the proper definition of his first name, a paraphrased quote is that "it means unity or friendship, I had my team look it up, and I liked the sound of it." That is literally what he said, this from the man who used to drink Hennessey at the half time of his basketball games. But never the less, i do support it, just like I support Chad Ochocinco, who I also find hilarious. If I had a twitter I am sure I would want to follow both of them, because they are funny people. Also his daughter is also changing her last name to world peace, so good for the former Artest slash current World Peace family for showing soliditary.

No comments:

Post a Comment